Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sand and Sea

Have you ever just been sitting there and suddenly a slew of words pop into your head that you just have to write down?  It has been a long time since that happened to me.  I used to write all the time.  Poetry, short stories, etc.  I never thought much of it was any good, but that's ok.  It feels good to write something.

So today, as I sit here playing with the baby I watch, a slew of words pop into my head.  And for some strange reason, I feel like embarrassing myself by sharing this latest one with you.  Be nice.  My feelings get hurt easily.  ;)


Sand and Sea, February 17, 2011

My world is crashing down around me
It's laying at my feet
Little grains of sand washing out from under me

The more I try to hold it tight
The quicker my world flees
Like water through my fingertips
Or wind blowing the leaves

But even as my world seems
to fall into the sea
It don't fear the future
As long as you're by me


.