Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Drugs, Money, and Rock and Roll - Part 2

Check it out!  I finally got around to creating Part 2 of this saga!  Only problem is I didn't take notes or anything, so this might be kinda short.  And most of you probably know this part anyway.

So after I finally get to a fully functional, fairly drug-free state after my nose was broken fixed, I get to start dealing with the next adventure.  April 1st, my husband's company announces massive layoffs and office closures.  April Fools?  Nope.  It wasn't that surprising.  We knew there was a change coming, we just didn't think it was coming so soon and we didn't think it was going to be in the form of the unemployment line. 

Positive - D was already interviewing with many companies.
Negative - We knew we were going to have to move.  Again.  And likely to some place cold.  *cry*

Naturally, the hubby has a hard time deciphering paperwork like Cobra benefits, severance packages, etc.  Luckily, my head was fairly fog-free so I could help with that.  I spent the next week (or was it two?), living day to day, worrying wondering where we would end up living, taking D back and forth to the airport to fly places for interviews, and trying to figure out what the hell I am going to do about school.  Then D got a job!  One he was excited about too!  Bonus!  The destination?  San Francisco.

Positive - Close to my family again and good friends.  Finally, fresh, fantastic sushi, and clam chowder!
Negative - It's FREAKING COLD!  And cloudy.  And windy.  And COLD.  This oughta be fun.

Awesome.  So then we started to contemplate the upcoming changes and where we wanted to live in the San Francisco area.  Time to rock and roll and get this house moved!  In 10 days.  Wait.  WHAT?!?!  10 day?!?!  Aw hell.  I hate having to rush things...

...to be continued in Part 3!


.