Thursday, November 4, 2010

You're an addict

We have all heard of drug addicts and alcohol addicts.  You can be addicted to caffeine, cigarettes, and even sugar.  More recently we have heard of addictions like tanning, plastic surgery, adrenaline rushes, and even running.

Well apparently there is one more thing we can be addicted to now:  Carbohydrates.

Now I know what you are thinking - Duh.  The shock is not in the fact you can be addicted to carbs because frankly, you can be addicted to ANYTHING.  The part that threw me off guard is it is now an official condition...
Meaning you can be diagnosed with it...
And treated for it...
They have a freaking medication for it...

Meaning, naturally, I was just diagnosed with it yesterday.

Screw medication or Carb-a-holics Anonymous.

I <3 my addiction.