Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spotlight: Mental Illness

So I came here to write a new post and found out this post, that I wrote 3 weeks ago, never got published.  How the hell did I manage that?  Oh well.  Now you get to see it...three week late...




We all know that my spotlight is always on mental illness and bipolar disorder, but today, one of my favorite blogs is spotlighting mental illness for the entire month of march.  That's right, Aiming Low is shedding light on Mental Illness.  So please take a moment to visit their site.  So far they have addressed many things from depression to schizophrenia.

While you are at it, if you have a hard time understanding illness you can’t see, be it mental illness or something else like Celiac Disease or even cancer, visit this wonderful website and read about “The Spoon Theory.”  It is one of the best explanations I have ever seen and it has brought me closer to both family and friends through its story. 

.