Thursday, April 8, 2010

Things I Learned Today At Work

As many of you know, I started a new part time job today.  At minimum wage for a mere 12 hours a week, I am gonna be stinking rich!  LOL.  Guess it is a good thing I am doing this more to keep myself busy until school starts than anything.  So, for today's edition, I thought I would make a list of some of the wonderful things I experienced and learned today.

Top Ten First Day At Work Events

10)  There are a lot of stairs to get to the "cave office"...well...really anywhere at this place.  It is built into a mountain ya'll.

9)  I have to do a LOT of driving in circles.

8)  A seasonal "wash" (aka. stream/river) that runs for only 3 weeks can wipe out an entire road.

7)  Minivans are really not built to travel dirt roads filled with pot holes.

6)  There are way too many freaking gate codes to remember.

5)  My "boss" reminds me a sweet, wonderful, little grandma.

4)  The "Bear Paw" office, aka. my boss's house, is freaking ginormous and gorgeous.

3)  The person who had this position before me thinks in ways I will never understand  (ie. shouldn't membership invoices and/or bills be in the folder labeled "invoices?"  No.  They are in "renewals").

2)  I get to have kitties sleep on my lap while I work.  :D :D :D :D

and finally...

1)  The Mac "Microsoft Office" programs are the bane of my existence and may lead me to stabbing people with rusty forks.  Grrrr.


Lesson Learned:  If you were raised on PCs, do not buy a Mac for office work, especially if you are already homicidal.


P.S.  Who the hell at Apple thought it would be a good idea to change the setup of the 10-key section of the keyboard?  The * is where the - should be and the / is where the * should be and the - is where the + should be and the + is moved further down.  What...the...hell....

.