Thursday, August 18, 2011

Case of the Blahs

For the last 6 weeks, I have lived in San Francisco with my husband.  In two weeks I return to Tucson for school.  If you are confused about this, read about me Living in Two States.  Got it?  Good.

During these 6 weeks in San Francisco, I have learned several things.

1) I am totally into living where I don't have to have a car.
2) I am totally digging this cute little town we settled in.
3) My body totally does not dig the cold weather (high of 65 in August? really?).
4) My mind totally does not dig the frequently overcast skies.
5) Meter maids are ridiculously on time.
6) I love my living room!  Seriously, it is adorably awesome.
7) There is so much to do when you don't have a television.
8) There is so little to do when you hurt too much (mentally or physically) to go anywhere or do anything.

And now that I only have 2 weeks left before I leave again, I am increasingly frustrated with my mind and body.  I wanted these last two weeks with my husband to be amazing where I am the fun and energetic woman he met 4 1/2 years ago.  But that is proving to be a challenge.  2 of the last 3 days, I have been totally blah.  I've had a headache  that won't go away and next to no appetite.  Whether it is the symptoms bringing me down emotionally or the blah-ness (yes, that is a word in my dictionary) causing the symptoms doesn't matter.  All that matters is that it is screwing up my plans!

Now I know some of you may be thinking that it is only 2 days, but when you only have 14 left, that 2 can grow into 10 quickly and easily.  And rarely do I pull out of a blah episode in a mere 2 days.  Add onto this situation by throwing in some joint pain after 2 weeks nearly pain free and I am utterly blah-ed out.  Is it too much to ask for my body and mind to work with me for a change?  All I am asking is for 12 freakin days!  At least I feel like I have made the most of the time that has already passed.  I may not be able to play the role of the perfect, fun, energetic wife right now, but its the thought that counts...right?

.